Importance of Custom b2b Market Research and Insight in Business Strategy and Marketing
Market research provides critical information about your market and your business landscape, and informs you about how to plan your next steps.
For those launching a new product, company or brand, or entering a new market, research is invaluable in understanding customer needs, as well as the market challenges and competitive landscape. Market research helps businesses define their markets, understand the changing needs of their target audience, improve their products and services, and make better business decisions.
Market research uses data-driven insight, qualitative and quantitative research, analysis of market trends, brand and competitor audits and analysis, surveys and interviews with industry leaders. This can include both primary sources (like direct interviews) and secondary sources (published sources on the web like analyst reports, company websites and financial reports). Many b2b companies rely upon business research providers to gain insight into the target market through financial performance reports of various companies, corporate earning reports, and other firmographic details.
With this information businesses can:
- Obtain an analysis of your own strengths and weaknesses.
- Uncover your differentiators and your competitive advantage.
- Find out what customers think about your brand and products, what complaints they have, and adjust your marketing messages to attract customers.
- Find out if there is a demand for your product in the market.
- Know the opportunities and threats in your industry.
Market Research and Business Strategy:
Custom research is the foundation of a successful marketing strategy as it gives us insight into your market, customers, target audience and competitors. It helps businesses with making strategic decisions like entering a new market or making investments.
- It can give you an accurate view of your business and your marketplace.
- You can see how you compare your competitors, and evaluate what they are doing to attract customers.
- It can help you determine who and where your customers are, and which customers are most likely to buy from you.
- It can reveal where you are falling behind in terms of customer satisfaction.
- It can help you decide how customers will respond to a new idea for a business or product, based on how similar products have performed in the marketplace.
- It can help you make wise product packaging and promotional decisions, as well as create effective marketing messages.
For many businesses, market research is a key component in developing marketing strategy through estimating sales and profitability. In fact, it can help you make decisions that can lead to business growth, while decisions that are not based on research can damage your business.
[dsm_perspective_image src="https://www.ascentrik.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Jun-blog.png" alt="How Do You Handle Bounced Emails?" title_text="Jun-blog" align="center" force_fullwidth="on" _builder_version="4.9.7" _module_preset="default" width="80%"...
[dsm_perspective_image src="https://www.ascentrik.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/may-blog-hero.jpg" alt="How Do You Handle Bounced Emails?" title_text="may blog hero" align="center" force_fullwidth="on" _builder_version="4.9.4" _module_preset="default" width="80%"...
Three Ways to Build a Database for Email Marketing and their Pros and Cons You may be looking for a quick way to discover qualified leads, to achieve a good ROI on your next marketing campaign. Or you may want to build a high-quality lead list yourself, based on...